Posted September 18, 2018 09:02:53 A woman who claims to have been one of the victims of the 2016 murder of Queen Elizabeth II has spoken about her ordeal in an emotional interview with ABC News.
Key points:Aboriginal woman says she was “devastated” when she found her sister’s body in a shallow grave at a shopping centre in Tasmania’s north-east Aborigean woman says the family have been told by police that she may have been raped and killed in the 1980sThe ABC has obtained a copy of the court documents that allege the woman was raped and murdered in 1984The woman, who was 17 at the time, claims the man who killed her and her family had “killed her to get attention” for herself and her siblings.
The woman has told police she was raped by the man in an isolated spot in the shopping centre at Tinsley Park in Tasmania in 1984.
She said the man beat her with a stick and tried to strangle her, but was unsuccessful in his attempts to kill her.
“I was devastated.
It was a horrible experience,” she said.”
When I saw her I was crying.
I had a heart attack.
I was so upset.”‘
I’m not going to allow my children to live in a culture that would kill a woman like that’The woman told the ABC she did not believe her sister had been murdered.
“She said that the family had been told that she had been raped,” she told the program.
“It was quite distressing to hear.
I’m not allowed to live my life in a way that is the way I want to live it, and the way my family wants to live their lives.”
The woman said the family has been told she may be “the next victim” of the brutal crime, and was “deeply troubled” by the allegation.
“You cannot live with that in your life,” she added.
“My family is just going to have to live with it.”‘
We’re not going anywhere’: Tinsleys motherThe woman’s mother, Helen Linsley, said she was shocked and saddened by the allegations.
“We’re very, very upset and disappointed.
The allegations are very serious,” she says.”
The woman was young, she was innocent and the family of that woman are not happy that this woman’s life has been taken from her.””
We just want to move on, and be positive and continue to live our lives as normal.”
The ABC contacted the Tasmanian Attorney-General’s Office, which confirmed it was aware of the allegations and would be contacting the woman’s family.
Topics:police,victims-of-sexual-offences,sunday-herald,tas,thomas-river-2400,darnall-2450,nsw,australiaMore stories from Tasmania